Every £1 donated will provide one meal to a person in need.
The scheme will operate between 1st August and 1st February each year. Those taking part make their pledge to the CFT at the start of the season. Furthermore, they will receive their One4One badge. Pledgers then keep a tally (accurate or embellished!) of all the game birds they shoot. At the end of the season The Country Food Trust contact all One4One pledgers to invite them to make their donation.
A special prize will be awarded in April to the gun who has made the biggest donation of the season. The CFT are hopeful that syndicates, friends and families can all have a bit of fun with this. Furthermore, turning the competitive spirit and old rivalries found on shooting fields across the land into meaningful donations. These will go directly towards feeding those experiencing food poverty in the UK.
For more information or to register please visit: www.thecountryfoodtrust.org or email email@example.com.
Who are The Country Food Trust?
The Country Food Trust charity was established in 2015.
Milestones for the charity include:
- Launched The Country Casserole using pheasant in 2016.
-Launched The Country Curry using pheasant in 2017.
- Passing the 500,000 meals donated mark in January 2020.
- Passing the 1,000,000 meals donated mark in May 2020– announced by HRH Duke of Cambridge on social media.
- Launched their third ready meal The Country Bolognese using lead free venison in Oct 2020.
- Passing the 2,000,000 meals donated in March 2021.
- 420,000 venison meals delivered to date.
You can learn more about this charity by clicking here. Alternatively you can visit our stand at The Game Fair to see how the LWDG are working with The Country Food Trust.