Nanny Sheldon's Valentine Bone Cake
Valentines Day is the day of love… and we all love our dogs so much! They may not know what Valentines day all about, but they will no doubt appreciate a special treat.
Nanny Sheldon of Afonfelin Gundogs whipped this cake up two days early so we could share the images and recipes with you in time for the 14th February.
For The Cake:
- 150g Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 75g of Honey
- 75g Peanut Butter (without artificial sweetener which can be toxic)
- 1 Egg
- 125g of Vegetable Oil
- 150g Shredded Carrot
For The Icing:
- 125ml of Greek Yoghurt
- 30g of Peanut Butter
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- In a large bow mix together the shredded carrot, flour, baking powder
- In a separate bowl mix together the honey, peanut butter and vegetable oil. Once mixed, add egg.
- Mix both bowls of ingredients together thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into a greased pan of your choice. We used 2 small oval pans, and a small rectangle to make the cake bone shaped.
- Bake for approx 20-30 minutes depending on depth of pan. Ensure cooked throughout before removing.
- Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes before removing pan.
- Once cooled, mix icing ingredients together thoroughly and cover the tops of the cakes.
- Decorate with additional dog treats should you wish.
Disclaimer: Please ensure your pet has no allergies to ingredients before serving.
The Ladies Working Dog Group is one of the largest, fastest growing groups for female working dog owners only.
Take part in our Magic Month Challenge, and get weekly updates from the Ladies Working Dog Group , access to free printable resources, exclusive discounts, plus much more!