The place where female working dog handlers connect, support & thrive
You shouldn't have to train your working dog alone. You shouldn't be scared to ask for help either.
The working dog world can be a hard place for women handlers trying to learn alone.
You fight against your self-doubt, you fight to improve your skills, you fight to get your dog to listen, and you fight the fear that your being judged. And after all that, you end up feeling frustrated, overwhelmed and thinking that maybe it’s time for you to give up…
However, we are here to help you. Our Featured Experts will provide you with monthly dog training lessons to help you learn. In addition, you’ll save time, you’ll save money and you’ll feel great because you joined you have thousands of women in our community to share your challenges and success with.
And we have an an easy step process. Follow our Getting Started Plan to join a community of women you can count on:
1. Firstly join today as a LWDG Society Member, or join our waiting list by signing up to our newsletter.
2. Secondly follow the simple signposts in the welcome email to familiarise yourself with the different areas.
3. And lastly introduce yourself in the relevant Facebook group and start accessing the support the LWDG offers.
And once you have joined, enjoy access to a safe, ladies only community to ask questions about anything working dog related. No question will be too silly, and no negative criticism will be given to you.
Our Society Membership Is What You Have Been Searching For
- Monthly lessons created by experts to help you grow your dog handling skills and your self- confidence.
- Virtual ‘Happy Hours’ in our very own Dog & Duck!
- Regular events online to help you have fun and find friendship with other like minded ladies.
- Your questions answered by qualified trainers and experienced handlers.
LWDG Society Core Content
Our membership is structured around 6 key areas
We want to help our members learn the skills they want, in a way they love. We have 6 main sections of learning.
Handler Success – Confidence & Mindset
The Foundations – From Puppy Onward
The Novice Dog – From Strong Foundations
Intermediate Sills – Moving On From The Novice Dog
Sport Specific – Learning Specific Skill Sets
What Our Ladies Say...
We totally get it - You don't want to struggle at this, you don't want to fail
We know how hard it is to train a working dog. Moreover, we remember being a new handler, with a young dog just wanting to do it right. We’ve been outside in all weathers, on our own, looking into the eyes of our best friend wondering if we’re doing it right, or if we’re making irreparable mistakes… we know your pain, We’ve felt it too.
The LWDG was created in 2015 by a small group of women wanting to share their challenges and successes. What starting as a few , has now grown to a community of over 3500 female working dog handlers. Come join our community to connect, support & thrive
Subscribe For Inspiration And Goodies.. plus our amazing Magic Month Lite Planner!